[linux-lvm] new process dead after create multiple snapshot volumes

Bear Wolf sportbear at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 06:27:10 UTC 2005

I also found the process dead, that is "pdflush"
there're 2 "pdflush" always running on my system,
but one is dead after I create the 3rd snapshot volumes and access the
source volume then sync

-bash-3.00# ps x
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        S      0:01 init [2]
    2 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0]
    3 ?        SN     0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 ?        S<     0:00 [events/0]
    5 ?        S<     0:00 [khelper]
    6 ?        S<     0:00 [kthread]
    8 ?        S<     0:00 [kacpid]
   70 ?        S<     0:00 [kblockd/0]
   73 ?        S<     0:00 [khubd]
  129 ?        S      0:00 [pdflush]
  130 ?        D      0:00 [pdflush]
  132 ?        S<     0:00 [aio/0]
  131 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
  134 ?        S<     0:00 [xfslogd/0]
  133 ?        S      0:00 [cifsoplockd]
  135 ?        S<     0:00 [xfsdatad/0]
  136 ?        S      0:00 [xfsbufd]
  723 ?        S<     0:00 [kseriod]
  773 ?        S      0:00 [scsi_eh_0]
  777 ?        S<     0:00 [ata/0]
  801 ?        S<     0:00 [kcryptd/0]
  934 ?        S<     0:00 [kcopyd]
 1330 ?        Ss     0:00 syslogd -m 0
 1334 ?        Ss     0:00 klogd -x
 1343 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/httpd/bin/httpd
 1353 ?        Ss     0:00 crond
 1359 ?        Ss     0:00 /bin/profamd
 1479 tty1     Ss     0:00 -bash
 1481 tty2     Ss+    0:00 -bash
 1483 tty3     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty3
 1485 tty4     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty4
 1487 tty5     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty5
 1903 ?        S      0:00 [xfssyncd]
 1915 tty1     D+     0:00 sync
 2037 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps x

Rocky