[linux-lvm] pvmove on a root partition

Ralf Müller ralf at bj-ig.de
Wed Apr 5 08:48:54 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:58, Christopher Probst wrote:

> pvmove /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdb2 where /dev/hdb1 is mounted on "/"
>
> makes my system unuseable. I can't log into my machine even in a text
> console. Has anybody tried this before?

Yes - about a year before. And I failed. After asking I have been told
there is some locking problem somewhere and there have to be major
changes before this would work - if I remember correctly. The answer
gave not the impression that this is rated a high priority problem.

Regards
Ralf

--
       An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.