[linux-lvm] Re: LVM2, NFS and random device (major:minor) numbers

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:44:35 UTC 2006

Well, I just tried out the fsid option in /etc/exports and it does not
work.  Seems to be totally ignored.

I am CentOS 4.2 with the 2.6.9-22.ELsmp kernel and nfs-utils-1.0.6-65.EL4

I have an export now defined as such:

/local_mount/space/sake/6 \
   @all(rw,fsid=64780,async,insecure)

64780 was its device id before reboot.  After reboot, the device
id became 64781 and all the current NFS mounts on clients became
stale despite the fsid setting above.   Other exports which did
not change their underlying device id did not become stale.

Paul Raines                email: raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA