[linux-lvm] lvm2 *TEMPORARY* PV failure - what happens?

Ming Zhang mingz at ele.uri.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:57:29 UTC 2006

my 2c. fix me if i am wrong

either activate the VG partially, and then all LVs on other PVs are
still accessible. I remember these LVs will only have RO access. Though
I have no idea why.

use dm-zero to generate a fake PVs and add to VG, then allow VG to
activate and access those LV. But i do not know if you access a LV that
is partially or fully on this PV, what will happen.

Ming