[linux-lvm] Running LVM commands in parallel

Stern, Rick (Serviceguard Linux) rick.stern at hp.com
Fri Apr 28 18:51:09 UTC 2006

Will the following work?  This is to test a function that uses LVM
command.

I have multiple scripts that are running in parallel.
Each script is associated with one volume group.
In the script are vgchange commands to activate the VG,
file system mounts, file writes, and unmounts and then a
deactivate of the VG.

So it is possible to have a 2 instances of vgchange running at the same
time (on different VGs).

The reason I'm asking is that I am getting a failure where a deactivate
does not work on
a VG after running these scripts for about 12 hours.

Thanks,
Rick

Rick Stern
Serviceguard for Linux Program Manager and Architect
Hewlett-Packard
Availability Clusters Solutions Lab
408-873-5252