[linux-lvm] How to clone LVM disk?

Stanislaw Senotrusov senotrusov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:24:28 UTC 2006

Going further.

I need to clone LVM disks on regular basics, so I am trying to build
some pipeline around it.

I cloned SRC disk to DST. Adjusted LVM partition on DST to fit disk.
Successfully booted from it.

One day I might need to connect SRC and DST disks at the same machine,
same time.

Trying to do that resulted in a system failure. I can change PV and VG
uuids on DST disk, but I cant find how to change LV uuid and VG name.
Maybe there are some other things to do on DST disk – did't noticed
yet.

Is there any way to connect two cloned LVM disks at the same time?

--
Stas Senotrusov