[linux-lvm] booting on a new root partition

Dieter Stüken stueken at conterra.de
Fri Aug 4 15:13:32 UTC 2006

ramsis farhat wrote:
> hi everybody
> Dieter, here is what you asked me
> But i still think the problrm is coming from the instruction "lvmcreate_initrd" > because if I do not use the "-D" flag, the instruction fail, and in the "LVM-HOWTO",
> it is used without that flag.
> If you have any suggestion :)

hi ramsis,

unfortunately no :-( looks all fine. But I dont use Redhat and I have
no idea what "lvmcreate_initrd" exactly does. Seems "-d" activates devfs
which is obsolete now. I also do not use 2.4 kernels any more.
I use a similar setup, but with SuSE 10.1 using an actual 2.6 kernel.

sorry
Dieter.