[linux-lvm] Running LVM on shared LUNs

Joshua Aune luken at omner.org
Tue Aug 8 15:01:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 00:50 -0600, Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
> > The million dollar question is, can system1 and system2
> simultaneously
> > have both of the VGs active without hosing any data?
                                                  ^^ lvm metadata

> As I understand it, only if you are using a filesystem that supports
> clustered operations, like GFS.

Just to be clear, I should be able to issue [lv|vg]change -ay on both
systems simultaneously with no LVM corruption (data integrity will be
maintained by not starting a filesystems on both nodes simultaneously)
(as long as I don't start the filesystem on both nodes).

I would use something like GFS, but this is a HA setup for Lustre
oss/mds nodes :)

Thanks again,
Josh