[linux-lvm] Partitioning remotely

Jim Morgan peripatetic at myrealbox.com
Fri Aug 25 05:10:31 UTC 2006

At 24/08/2006 01:21, you wrote:
>>I've been reading around the internet to see if I can resize the
>>partitions on the disk and/or in the LVM. There seems to be
>>conflicting advice on the subject and I don't want to make a move
>>before I'm absolutely sure. My choices seem to be
>
>you are not using LVM

Thanks Luca. With that one comment you have clarified several days of
confusion. My mistake, of course, was to assume that LVM was an
integral part of software RAID, whereas it is a separate and
complimentary entity.

It doesn't solve my problem, but now at least I understand what the
problem is! :-)

Jim