[linux-lvm] vgimport/vgexport commands when logically movingdisks between systems

Marlier, Ian ian.marlier at studentuniverse.com
Tue Dec 5 15:00:31 UTC 2006

<snip>

> Yes. IF YOU'RE VERY CAREFUL!
> vgimport/vgexport are not the tools you want for this job.
>

> --
>
> patrick

I ask this having gone back to Google a couple of times a week for
months, trying to find a clear-and-simple doc...

Given the setup that Dave is talking about, what _are_ the tools that he
(and, well, I) want for this job?

I've got the same basic set of requirements (using LVM2, though), and
have had a devil of a time figuring out what I actually need to have
installed and configured and running, and where I need them to be
installed and configured and running, to get it to work right...

Thanks!

- Ian