[linux-lvm] Mirror between different SAN fabrics

Matt P slarty.tj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 23:24:57 UTC 2006

That's exactly the steps I used to test it out. The failure I encountered
was at the point of adding the StripeLVs to the MirrorVG. I don't recall the
error I got but I seem to recall it being the same error as if the PV hadn't
been pvcreated. Although when I went through the process again just now,
without any errors... It's quite likely I mistyped or skipped a step during
my first attempt...

I've gone through the whole process 4 times now from raw disk to a mirrored
LV without getting the error again.

It looks as though this could work and isn't nearly as crazy as my initial
configuration. I wonder now if anything wonky will happen if we were to lose
a disk or in the original post if we lost one of the fabrics...