[linux-lvm] corrupt VGDA kernel status, but on only one node

Dave davo_muc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 15:36:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I can import and activate my $vg on one node fine, but after I switch it to the
backup node I get the following error upon import:

vgimport -- ERROR: VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent; please run vgscan
return code is: 98  <--->  from running /sbin/vgimport  infx-ao /dev/sdq /dev/sdr
/dev/sds

The /dev/infx-ao/* logical volumes do not exist, though they are created properly
when the $vg is activated on the first node.

This seems to indicate that the $vg itself is fine, but the VGDA in the kernel on
the backup node is inconsistent.  If so, can this be rectified without a reboot?!?

Thanks,
Dave