[linux-lvm] EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock

Jean Chiappini Jean.Chiappini at virtua.ch
Mon Dec 11 16:33:39 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have a server production with centos 4 with kernel 2.6.9-42 and
lvm2-2.02.06 installed. All was working find, but today the server
crashed. When I would reboot my server, I saw in the log that the lvm
partiton wouldn't mount. This is the error -> kernel: EXT3-fs: unable to
read superblock.

If I try to mount manually the partition, these errors appears :

the superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem. if the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alterate superblock:

I don't understand these errors, my partition if formated in ext3...

Someone could help me please ???

Regards

Jean