[linux-lvm] Mirror between different SAN fabrics

Matt P slarty.tj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 20:47:51 UTC 2006

I guess I should have tested the functionality out before I made the
comment. It seems the ability to add a mirror after the fact is still
not available (in lvconvert or otherwise). I'm sure someone will
correct me if I wrong on that.

I did figure out a crazy way you could do it, but it's messy, even
with small number of PVs. It would impact performance and is probably
not feasible in reality.

I think the proper way would be to use mdadm. Setup software RAID1
prior to getting LVM involved...

On 12/27/06, mathias.herzog at postfinance.ch