[linux-lvm] Mirror between different SAN fabrics

Matt P slarty.tj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 19:30:13 UTC 2006

This is basically the "messy" way I mentioned in my reply above. I
found if you pvcreate the  LV device, you end up mangling the lvm data
(this probably comes as little surprise) and it breaks down after
that. So, I ended up using losetup and an "image file", one for/on
each fabric. Then did pvcreate on each loop device, and made a new VG
containing both PVs and created the LV with mirroring.... It
worked.... I did no performance, stability, or failure testing...