[linux-lvm] Question about hardware LVM

Javier de Miguel Rodríguez javier.miguel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:08:27 UTC 2006

Hello

I have been successfully using LVM on RedHat Linux Server with no
hassle. We are now deploying a $BIGVENDOR expensive FiberChannel SAN.
One of the main features of this SAN is that is able to grow a
filesystem

How does Linux handle this? Do I still have to use LVM? If I still
have to use LVM I do NOT see the point of "hardware base growing".
Simply, create a new LUN in the SAN and I can join to our LVM setup.

Maybe this is a "Storage 101" questio, but I do not fully understand
expensive SAN "hardware based"  filesystem grow.

Thank you in advance