[linux-lvm] Booting into LVM

Graham Wood gwood at dragonhold.org
Fri Feb 17 14:11:50 UTC 2006

Roger Lucas wrote:
> My guess is that LVM isn't being loaded/started/configured correctly at boot
> time or that there is some problem with "/dev"...
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

I believe that 2.6.14 is after devfs stopped being supported, so you're
going to have to go with udev instead - which also means that mkinitrd
isn't going to work either.  (I think there's lvm2 compatability issues
as well, but I just went for Sid instead of trying to get sarge working
with a new kernel)

If you google for 'debian sarge udev' there are quite a few pages that
give details about what needs to be done - although they may not be
exactly what you're after...

If that isn't the answer then I'm sure we can help you work through it :)