[linux-lvm] file descriptor 3 left open

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 22:48:54 UTC 2006

IIRC, these are merely informative messages saying that, "Hey, the
person who called me forgot to close some of their file descriptors,
like they were suppose to.  But don't worry, I'll close them for you."

That would have been too long though, so I think they chose a more
cryptic message.

As far as your kernel installation problem, I'm not sure what's wrong
there...

You could 'rpm -q kernel' (or rpm -qa | grep kernel) to see if it is
installed.  If it is, you could 'rpm -ql kernel-<the version> | grep
boot' to see if the image was correctly installed...

  brassow