[linux-lvm] Copying LVM from one system to another

Shaun Mccullagh Shaun.Mccullagh at xb.nl
Tue Jul 11 18:03:36 UTC 2006

Dieter,

Thanks very much, but the problem is I want be able to restore my LVM filesystems from a backup. This is why I came with the idea of booting the PC I want to restore from a USB stick. The idea is the stick has a copy of the backup client. The LVM filesystems are mounted under /restore and I restore all the data to /restore.

How do I tell LVM the data has moved? I've experimented using this method but I noticed devmapper complains when I boot the PC from the newly restored data.

Cheers

Shaun