[linux-lvm] LVM question on move and resize

John Koshi jkoshi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 15:15:23 UTC 2006

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your e-mail. I did go through the steps as
mentioned, including the resize2fs after the fsck, and
everything worked fine. The one other thing I had to do
was to initially create the new partition in the empty
space, first as ext2, and then move to type 8e/LVM.

You're right about the W95 extended partition. It is
pretty ugly! But I had to consider the /dev/hda2 Linux
partition at the end of the disk, which handles the
quick-play feature of the HP laptop. I did not want to
lose that in the process of adding Linux/dual-boot, so
I went with Partition Magic for this.

Actually I do have a large USB disk (Seagate 160GB)
and had considered using it during this expansion of
the Linux installation. I'm interested in seeing your
solution, in this case.

Thanks again.

regards,
John