[linux-lvm] LVM1 - "VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent"error following lvm operations

Dave davo_muc at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 16:54:56 UTC 2006

Hello Heinz and any others who might know the answer to this question,

One other question...  As I mentioned in a separate message, I currently have a volume group which seen as "inactive" and "exported" by two separate systems, both of which have physical access to the volume group over fibre to a SAN.  In this two node cluster, one node should always have the volume group as "active".  In fact, currently one node does have the volume group in use, because they are visible using df and mounted.

I would like to make sure that the status displayed by pvscan is corrected to "active" on that node.  Is it safe to run "vgimport" and "vgchange -ay" on the volume that is active, even though pvscan shows it as "inactive" and "exported"???  Will this cause any problem to the file system that is running on top of that volume group???

Thanks!!
Dave