[linux-lvm] lvextend - device-mapper: create ioctl failed: Device or resource busy\nFailed to suspend

Daniel dragonheart at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 1 12:25:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 07:50 am, Zac Slade wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 05:02, Daniel wrote:
> > Guessing the additional info didn't help and there is no easy way to
> > reset the state.
>
> Not really unfortunately.

Feature request :-)

> I have been thinking about this a lot though.
> I've never seen it and I'm not sure what the next move really is.

Tough ones.

> Someone
> did suggest (and sorry for not posting sooner) that you should run lsof
> against /dev/mapper/control and see if something is keeping it open.

nothing open.

> Hopefully this will work.  I guess you were able to remove an lv previously
> so you shouldn't have an issue doing this.

Can't remember how I did exactly. I'm sure it was just a lvm learning
experience. I should have less problems this time (I'm jinking myself here
I'm sure)

> One thing you didn't answer
> (and I didn't ask) is if you had problems extending any other lvs.

Didn't try that until just then. Arg  - same error.

> The
> output of all the tools show the devices in a good state, so to me it just
> doesn't make sense.

Other suggestions welcome. I'm almost considering a vanilla kernel just to
try.

Won't be today though. Need to get an alternate going - filesystem full is a
bad error for a backup program. At least I've got twice the space even if I
can't extend.

--
Daniel Black <dragonheart at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Crypto/dev-embedded/Forensics/NetMon