[linux-lvm] Getting (non-root) LV to be mounted at boot

David Chin david.w.h.chin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:09:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've followed the instructions on the HOWTO, and was
able to create a logical volume, and then mount it as
ext3. Was able to read and write to it with no trouble.

I followed the instructions here, except with just one
IDE partition, /dev/hda1 that I set to have type "Linux LVM":

  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/recipethreescsi.html

I also added a line in my /etc/fstab:

  /dev/myvg/mylv  /mnt/bigdisk  ext3 defaults  1 0

However, when the machine is rebooted, it is unable
to mount this volume. In addition, the machine seems
to "forget" about any PVs, VGs, and LVs that were
created.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
   Dave