[linux-lvm] online resize

Roger Lucas roger at planbit.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 13:08:33 UTC 2006

We use Reiser3 here and it can grow a volume whilst it is mounted, but you
have to unmount the volume before you can shrink it.

The man pages for resize_reiserfs indicate that it should be used on
unmounted volumes...

AFAIK, Reiser is the only filesystem in common use that allows volumes to be
reduced.