[linux-lvm] LVM data recovery ?

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Wed Mar 29 21:29:46 UTC 2006

You may be able to mount the LVM LV's on another system....

I'd take some dd backups just in case, and then try attaching the drives
to another system.

pvscan to see if it finds the PV's
then vgscan to find the VG's

vgchange -a y will then activate them...but be careful. If the same
VG/LV names are present on the new system, you'll have to use some
renaming trickery to get them to actually show up.

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
Desk: (410)-229-1361
Cell: (410)-588-7605
Email: callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.