[linux-lvm] Data recover on error deleted PV/VG

Thomas thomas at meiwing.com
Wed Mar 29 22:40:57 UTC 2006

Hi all,

My story is:

1 x 20G (hda) + 1 x 40G (hdb) running more than half year.
The two hard disk formed with a LVM2, (100M swap) on hda1 and 19.9G
(hda2) + 40G (hdb1).
All LVM mounted as / (root). Yesterday, I add a 40G (hdd).
Used fdisk with 8e type to format the new 40g (hdd)
Used lvm extend command to add +20G /dev/VolGroup00/VolLog00 and +10G
/dev/VolGroup00/VolLog01
After that, I wanted to remove the VolLog01 but failed and said it is using.
Then I tried to use fdisk again to format the 40g (hdd).
After reboot the server, kernel panic even un-plug 40g (hdd).

Should I just try to re-create hda2+hdb1's LV with command "lvcreate -n
VolLog00 -l <max size> VolGroup00" ?

I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Lion