[linux-lvm] Problem doing basic LVM functions

Ming Zhang mingz at ele.uri.edu
Wed May 17 16:35:46 UTC 2006

blind guess, lvm sometime do block device scan and search for metadata,
u happen to have nbd module available or compiled in kernel. so if you
set a skip list for all u nbd devices, or disable the nbd in u kernel, u
might be able to solve this.

but nbd code should check if nbdX is configured or not.

ming