[linux-lvm] Forgot to export my volume group...

Dieter Stüken stueken at conterra.de
Wed May 17 19:38:53 UTC 2006

Jared Luxenberg wrote:
> I forgot to run export on my volume group before disconnecting it from
> my system.  Is there any way to mount the volume group without access to
> the original machine?

Isn't it recognized by the target machine even if it was not properly
exported? I once had similar problems when trying to migrate a VG to
an other system which already had a VG. In this case I had to "import"
the new VG properly, to arrange it with the already running VG.
If you are using LVM2, all necessary informations to get it running
again are saved on each PV, regardless of beeing exported or not.

Dieter.