SOLVED: [linux-lvm] No label detected

Richard Mollel unixtipz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 22:28:07 UTC 2006

OK....so i backed up all data on one partition...
vgchange -a n
fdisk /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd
delete the partition within...
ie. delete /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1 and /dev/sdd1
then;
pvscan .....Voila...all my PV's are back to life....
vgscan, vgchange -a y, mount! It all worked. No data
loss......
So i did not my backup after all.

Lessons:
Even though everything worked  OK under LVM1....when i
performed a pvscan under LVM2.....it did not like the
fact that PV is whole device (/dev/sdb) and there is
an underlying partition, (/dev/sdb1).

My issue, mystery solved.....