[linux-lvm] How to restore a PV ??

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Fri Nov 17 19:21:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 08:44:35AM -0500, Brian McCullough wrote:
> OK, as mentioned in previous messages, I have updated to the most recent
> versions found on the FTP site ( lvm2 and dm )

If you see that with the latest (2.02.14) then we've still
got a bug to fix there.

If you lost a partition table, look for something like 'gpart'
to try to recreate it.  Then you'll need to recreate the PV
and get the VG/LV back in place - the procedure depends on
whether it's lvm1 or lvm2 metadata and how much info you still
have (or can remember) about the layout.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com