[linux-lvm] Re: Grow Live GFS volume in clustered environment?

Eric Adair cberic3 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 18:58:01 UTC 2006

The specific error I'm getting in my system log is:

Oct  4 14:55:24 ftpimg2 lvm[2512]: Volume group for uuid not found:
qDuA09bdhxxI
RqcN3VRZhCKM1c1aMFx6lZBFD0Rx3RtBTpG0ZdJQXDRj5lBmLUtt

-Eric

----------------

Is it possible to grow live GFS volumes in a clustered environment?
Or even grow them at all if they are clustered? I am assuming this is
possible, but I am running into serious roadblocks.

I am trying to grow a live GFS volume in a 2 node cluster. We have 3
LVM volume groups (1 physical volume each) all mounted to 3 different
mount points. Everything works great as far as both nodes reading,
writing, etc to each. Both nodes mount and use each volume
simultaneously without a hitch.

Now that the volumes are mounted and all in use, I get "error locking
on node" errors when trying to create new volume groups with new
physical volumes, or even just adding physical volumes to existing
logical volume groups. This happens even if I unmount the volume on
both nodes. I can't even deactivate and reactivate the existing
volume groups, no matter what I do, without getting the same error.

Am I missing something basic?

Stats:

	FC5 kernel-smp 2.6.17-1.2174
	cluster-1.02.00
	device-mapper.1.02.00
	LVM2.2.02.07
	open-iscsi-1.1-648

	dlm locking, all necessary lvm.conf changes set for cluster locking,
lvm's set for 2 node
	clustering, etc.

-Eric

***This message has been dgitally signed by Thawte Certificate
Authority*