[linux-lvm] Avoiding disk changes

John Ward jward at idealcorp.com
Thu Oct 5 13:22:46 UTC 2006

> Try to use hdparm to set your hard-drive in read-only mode.

Interesting suggestion, certainly shouldn't hurt.  But AFAIK the device
mapper runs in the kernel and it's going to do it's "own thing" before I
get a chance to hdparm it.

That's why I'm most interested in determining what (if anything) a LVM
configuration does ... especially in situations where it detects a
bad/repairable configuration (if that even makes sense).

Regardless, I'll do some experimenting - not sure if there are going to
be any limitations with hdparm and configuring my disks via a USB adapter.