[linux-lvm] Misleading documentation

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Wed Sep 20 10:50:02 UTC 2006

Scott Lamb wrote:
> This is my biggest beef with LVM - why doesn't *any* of the
> documentation point this out? There are very few good reasons to use LVM
> without RAID, and "ignorance" certainly isn't among them. I don't see
> any mention of RAID or disk failures in the manual pages or in the HOWTO.

Mirroring should be dealt with in LVM itself, by mapping more PEs on physical
seperate PVs to each LE. From the little information I've seen about the new LVM
mirroring, it seems that the mirrors are defined on LV level instead of LE/PE.
But after some JFGI sessions nothing really enlightening has shown up.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.