[linux-lvm] LVM on RAID

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 20 14:48:21 UTC 2006

I should have been more clear. I'm not worried about LVM on one RAID. My
questions is specifically about creating an LVM volume group ACROSS two
RAID's.

For example, we have a 64bit linux server, with two different RAID devices
attached to the host via Fiber. These RAID's are each 4TB volumes. The
RAID is attached as /dev/sda and /dev/sdb. What I'm asking about is
creating a LVM volume group, and joining /dev/sda AND /dev/sdb to that
same volume group, creating the lv of 8TB (minus overhead of course), and
then creating a filesystem on that lv. A 8TB filesystem, which is spanned
(via LVM) across both RAID's.

Does anyone here do that? Reading all the reply's I realize I wasn't clear
enough about that, and neither was anyone's responses.

Alex