[linux-lvm] Help, lvm2 snapshot and XFS , using xfs_freeze to do this, but then lvcreate hang.

bowen zheng linuzboy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:03:02 UTC 2006

Help, lvm2 snapshot and XFS , using xfs_freeze to do this, but then
lvcreate hang.

I use lvm2 and xfs both.  If I do not use xfs_freeze before, I can use
lvcreate snapshot the lv. And it work fine for some static files or
lv, but not for running system such as / (root) which will generate a
log of I/O error.

So I heard that xfs should run xfs_freeze before create snapshot.
However, after xfs_freeze -f, then lvcreate hang all the time. And I
still can not kill (-9) the lvcreate process.

Anyone know what can I do now ???
And how to use snapshot under xfs,  is this a xfs or lvm bug ???