[linux-lvm] Cluster Question

Jamie Burns fantasticjamieburns at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:39:18 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am trying to create a single 400GB logical volume, that is made up from 2
seperate 200GB disks. The fun part is that the 2 seperate disks are located
on 2 seperate machines, and they each export to the other via AOE (ATA over
Ethernet). All appears to be fine if I use one of the machines to create the
2 physicial volumes and a volume group - the other machine can detect and
use the volume group perfectly. The 2 disks will use the OCFS2 filesystem in
a logical volume, so the filesystem layer is taken care of.

Am I right to think if I only ever manage the metadata from a single
machine, no corruption will occur ?

Is metadata only ever changed whilst using the commands pv* vg* and lv* ?

Thanks!

Jamie.