[linux-lvm] lvm over iscsi

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:12:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm guessing, from my own experiences with lvm, you'll have to either
export the bottom (the PV), or the top (the LV).   Trying to export
the middle puts it out of context.  A logical volume can't be detected
unless its physical volume is detected first (by the kernel?).

I wonder what pvcreate thinks of iscsi volumes.  could you create a pv
on an iscsi volume which is just an exported lv off another server?

Gordon