[linux-lvm] Some questions on "Mirrors cannot be resized while active yet"

Simone Gotti simone.gotti at email.it
Mon Aug 13 14:36:34 UTC 2007

Hi all,

lvresize gives the message "Mirrors cannot be resized while active yet."
when trying to resize an active lv.

Simple tests using directly dmsetup let me resize a mirror on the fly
without problems (maybe I'm missing some problematic corner cases). With
a core log everything was resynced every time while with disk log only
the extended part was resynced.

So, is there only missing code in lvm2 (curious to know if I should be
able to write the missing part) or also the kernel parts (dm-raid1,
dm-log and future dm-clog) needs some more code?

Thanks!

Bye!
--
Simone Gotti