[linux-lvm] After replacing sata card can't read

Glynn glymor at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:04:28 UTC 2007

>>  mdadm  --create --assume-clean /dev/md2 --level=5 --raid-devices=6 /dev/sd[a-f]1
> and you are 1000% sure you got the order right?

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I tried again with what I thought was the right order but to no affect, so I ran it again without the assume-clean and it rebuilt one of the drives. I assumed that meant mdadm was now okay with the ordering?

> usually after doing "mdadm --create --assume-clean" you should check
> that data is still readable, if not try changing the order of drives in
> "mdadm" and try again.

Would it make sense to try and resolve this by constructing a bash script to try all the permitations of drive order until pvdisplay returns something?

Thanks for your help and I apologize for essentially asking mdadm questions on the lvm mailling list.