[linux-lvm] CLVM Questions

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 08:53:40 UTC 2007

Jayson Vantuyl wrote:
> Is it possible to mix clustered LVM and unclustered LVM?  I tried but it
> seemed to have issues.

I'm not sure what you mean here. You either have a cluster or you don't.

If you have clvm on one node on a cluster then it needs to be on ALL nodes of
the cluster - you can't have an isolated node that is also part of the CMAN
cluster.

If what you mean is "can I have a non-clustered Volume Group alongside cluster
volume groups", then the answer is "yes". There is a flag on the VG that
indicates whether it is clustered or not. activated with vgchange -cy,
deactivated with vgchange -cn. You can't mark individual LVs within a VG as
clustered/non-clustered though. That wouldn't make sense.

--

patrick