[linux-lvm] Linux LVM and iSCSI

Brian Auld Brian.Auld at lefthandnetworks.com
Thu Feb 15 18:04:52 UTC 2007

Can you please respond directly to my email address as I do not
subscribe to the LVM mailing list.

Is there an understood way to deal with LVM volumes with iscsi disks
discovered through the native iscsi intiator?  LVM startup takes place
in rc.sysinit prior to networking being up, and thus the iscsi
initiator.  I found that I needed to run vgscan and vgchange by hand
after booting for these volumes to persist.

Do admins typically do their own customization to achieve something
similar, or is there a way to achieve this through some configuration
file?

Regards,
Brian Auld