[linux-lvm] devsize problems.

Terje Kvernes terjekv at math.uio.no
Tue Feb 20 14:29:42 UTC 2007

  (my apologies if you see this twice, I couldn't see my previous
  attempt reach the archives)

  I've been trying to create a large (4TB) volume on a 3ware raid
  controller, and I get "device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid
  argument" from lvcreate and

Feb 19 13:42:10 siniolchu kernel: device-mapper: device 8:3 too small for target
Feb 19 13:42:10 siniolchu kernel: device-mapper: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
Feb 19 13:42:10 siniolchu kernel: device-mapper: error adding target to table

  from the logs.  interestingly enough, the DevSize reports the
  following:

siniolchu:/# pvs  -o +dev_size
  PV         VG       Fmt  Attr PSize PFree DevSize
  /dev/sda3  internvg lvm2 a-   4.09T 4.06T  89.86G

  if I'm reading this correctly, the device seems to be telling LVM
  that it's 89.86G only?  any suggestions on how to solve this would
  be appreciated.

--
Terje