[linux-lvm] vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of volume group

`VL vl.homutov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:16:54 UTC 2007

>>Do you assume that, because your system died during
>>a running configuration change on "lvm1" ?
I really don`t know. The system is a lan server which has no particular
owner and good maintance. possibly ;-)

>>Are all PVs of "lvm1" accessible ?
i was happy to find a backup of logical volume and it says that there were 1
more harddrive, which
is now NOT accessible. so i assume that this is the problem, since vgscan
complains about
'current PV not accessible'. I`ll try to do my best in searching for this
hard drive, but chances i`ll find
it safe are really low (since anyone who took it, really needed it for
something =)

Now i have unaccessible lvm1 volume, 2 hard drives (hdf and hdg) and backup
file that contains
information about lvm1 when it had 3 hard drives(+hdh).

Are there are any ways to get data from remaining drives? How to remove
information about 3rd drive from volume?
Is it possible?

P.S. sorry that i didn`t understand immediately that problem was because of
loosing 1 of drives from lvm.