[linux-lvm] Combination of clvm and non-cluster?

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 11 17:20:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:13:33AM -0600, Nate Carlson wrote:
> I'd like to have my local disks (including the root fs) on LVM, along with
> running CLVM for remote disks.. is it possible to mix both? Once I change
> the locking system in lvm.conf for clvm, I can no longer
> pvscan/lvscan/etc.  :(

Clustering is a volume group property.
  vgchange -c

Can't mix local and clustered volumes in the same VG.

Best to use version 2.02.17 with built-in clustered locking
(locking type 3).

New config parameters
  fallback_to_clustered_locking
  fallback_to_local_locking
(see example.conf, but default settings are normally OK)

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com