[linux-lvm] Clone disk with LVM

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jul 7 11:03:37 UTC 2007

On 2 Jul 2007, Ryan Nelson spake thusly:
> Because of the dd the LVM had the same names and UUIDs for the vg and lg.  I was able to change the names however I wasn't
> successful in change the UUIDs.  It didn't even look like there was an option to change the UUIDs for the lv.

vgcfgbackup, edit the backup, edit the ids in the logical_volumes
sections, check your work carefully, and vgcfgrestore?

(One very nice thing about LVM2 is that all the metadata is textual...)

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep