[linux-lvm] Debugging partial drive failure

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jul 7 11:05:23 UTC 2007

On 5 Jul 2007, Stuart D. Gathman uttered the following:
> This could be added to the linux disk driver.  There could be an
> option for a disk module that would pretend that a range of sectors
> got an I/O error from the drive.  This would allow debugging the LVM
> layer.

I think something in /sys or /debug would be more practical. debugfs
seems a better fit.

You really want to be able to change this at runtime without rmmodding
or rebooting.

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep