[linux-lvm] Does pv failure effect whole vg?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Jun 21 14:45:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> When booting from cdrom (systemrescuecd) md2 failed to come up, so vg00
> did not come up. I then manually brought up md2 and split the vg, and
> added sda3 in the mix:

When md devices haven't come up, it has been one of the following:

1) I forgot to make the partition type fd - RAID autodetect
2) The raid1 (or other) driver was not in initrd.  Makeinitrd
   does not always add it when it needs to.  (Wants to
   see /etc/mdadm.conf or /etc/raidtab.)

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>