[linux-lvm] vgdisplay - checksum error - what does it mean?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Mar 2 11:48:18 UTC 2007

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:

(...)

> Curiously, I updated lvm to Debian's 2.02.06-3, rebooted (machine was in
> a rather weird state), and the issue is gone.
>
> With Debian's libdevmapper-dev 1.02.08-1 it doesn't compile; I didn't
> try to upgrade it anymore.

As described in another post from today ("moving logical volumes to
another system *remotely* - how?"), perhaps the issue had nothing to do
with lvm tools, but with kernel?

I use 2.6.17.8 on that ARM machine, the kernel oopses after I create a
snapshot, invalidate it (make it full), and try to remove it.

I'll try to upgrade to a newest stable kernel to see if anything changed
(it will take some time, though).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org