[linux-lvm] mount volume problem

ismail at 21ctl.com ismail at 21ctl.com
Sun Oct 21 09:58:28 UTC 2007

Hi all

I need your kind assistance.

I have a machine with Linux LVM file system. I mistakenly moved my /* to /var/www/test and everything stopped working.

We tried to use rescue disk, but rescue did not see the volume on the hard disk. We tried to mount the hard disk but got superblock error.

We reinstall the OS in a new hard disk /dev/sda and make the hard disk with /* problem as secondary /dev/sdb.

Primary /dev/sda
Secondary dev/sdb    /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2

I want to mount the /dev/sdb2 on /newmnt I created in the new OS. But /dev/sdb2 has the same VG name as /dev/sda2 - VolGroup00.

Please, how do I mount the /dev/sdb2 VG VolGroup00 on /newmnt?

Will I be able to mv back the root on the sdb2 i.e mv /newmnt/var/www/test/* /newmnt/?

Kindly assist with procedure and command. I have no experience using lvm.

I attach the fiel strucutre.

Thanks.

Ismail