[linux-lvm] collapse (merge) snapshot into origin

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 19:09:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:13:50PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 13:06 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > [is] such a feature is
> > being considered for an official LVM release?

Snapshot merging: yes.
The patches depended on another change (tracking all snapshot I/O to eliminate
theoretical races) that's still outstanding, but once that's dealt with (it's
tricky - my original proof-of-concept patch was ~800 lines so needed breaking
up and rewriting), I expect them to follow quite quickly.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com